Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown callers coming through in do not disturb mode

Lately, calls from unknown numbers are sometimes ringing when my iPhone is in Do Not Disturb mode. This is startling early in the morning when I am listening with earbuds to soothing sounds for relaxation. These calls are ringing during the time period I have set Do Not Disturb to be on automatically.

My Do Not Distirb is set to allow calls from favorites, so it should not allow calls from unknown numbers.

I just checked and see that my Do Not Disturb was set to only block calls when the phone is locked. I changed this and will see if it makes a difference. It's difficult to tell, since these calls only come in at this time of day occasionally. Usually spam calls come in the middle of the day, when Do Not Disturb Is turned off.

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), Mid-2011, 256 GB SSD, 4 GB memory

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 8:44 AM

Check to see if you have the option to allow repeat calls through. Telemarketers and phone scammers use autodialers that can place dozens of calls to a single number in a matter of seconds. That will trigger the repeat calls rule and allow the call through if you've got that option turned on.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2018 8:44 AM in response to miz_mdk

Check to see if you have the option to allow repeat calls through. Telemarketers and phone scammers use autodialers that can place dozens of calls to a single number in a matter of seconds. That will trigger the repeat calls rule and allow the call through if you've got that option turned on.

Unknown callers coming through in do not disturb mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.