Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share from Photos to WhatsApp desktop

Having updated to High Sierra, iPhoto no longer works of course. Using the peculiar Photos app, how does one share a picture to Whatsapp desktop? in iPhoto (and almost any other earlier application), one could simply drag the image. This was a time honoured Mac feature going back to System 6. I am aware of the 'Share' button in Photos, but this does not feature any apps that I ever share to and is entirely surplus to requirement (as well as obfuscating and complicating basic Mac functions).if anyone has an answer.

Thanks in advance same fault it did several years ago of typing in the wrong place if you make a new paragraph. Please fix!

Apple support, your text field contains t

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 1:54 PM

Clunky. Retrograde function, as a comment.

Thanks Larry. I'll use this strange, long-winded method until Apple comes to its sense and restores previous functionality.

I have helped users 'fix' things in the past. Just not the broken forum text field, that has been broken ever since this 'new' version of the forums was brought in.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2018 1:54 PM in response to LarryHN

Clunky. Retrograde function, as a comment.

Thanks Larry. I'll use this strange, long-winded method until Apple comes to its sense and restores previous functionality.

I have helped users 'fix' things in the past. Just not the broken forum text field, that has been broken ever since this 'new' version of the forums was brought in.

Mar 9, 2018 1:34 PM in response to Nathan Jones2

1 - no one here can "fix" anything - we are users just like you, no one form Apple here

2 - two supported and safe ways to share other than the share menu

- in every open/attach/upload window scroll down to near the bottom to media ==> photos ==> photos and select the photo form there (the first time it may take several minutes for the photos to populate)

- of select the photo(s) in Photos and export (file menu ==> export) to a desktop folder and use from there

LN

Share from Photos to WhatsApp desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.