Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Renaming collections groupings that are wrong

I have imported photos and in the 'Collections' view it shows the incorrect name for a group of photos. How can I change it. The name it uses is based o a single photo location and does not make sense for the other photos it

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 1:09 PM

The name it uses is based o a single photo location and does not make sense for the other photos it only in the

The only way would be to remove the location from the one photo or to hide this photo with ⌘L. But then you can see the photo only in the Hidden photo albums.

I am occasionally having the same problem. For example, while I have been in Mexico, my brother sent me a few Photos taken in Egypt. And the collection was broken and named for Egypt.

I am using the work-around to move the dates of the photos taken by friends and family back by exactly 1000 years. I can still tell the correct dates and times if the dates are shifted systematically, and the photos taken at different locations do no longer mess up the collections view. And as an added bonus, the photos from my family members can easily be excluded from smart albums, using a date rule.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2018 1:09 PM in response to simontathra

The name it uses is based o a single photo location and does not make sense for the other photos it only in the

The only way would be to remove the location from the one photo or to hide this photo with ⌘L. But then you can see the photo only in the Hidden photo albums.

I am occasionally having the same problem. For example, while I have been in Mexico, my brother sent me a few Photos taken in Egypt. And the collection was broken and named for Egypt.

I am using the work-around to move the dates of the photos taken by friends and family back by exactly 1000 years. I can still tell the correct dates and times if the dates are shifted systematically, and the photos taken at different locations do no longer mess up the collections view. And as an added bonus, the photos from my family members can easily be excluded from smart albums, using a date rule.

Renaming collections groupings that are wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.