Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to free as much RAM as possible?

Hey! I have an iPhone 6 that has 1GB of RAM. I recently installed an app to check my memory availability and I only had 3% (around 30MB) of ram available. I tried using the app's booster, also did the Hold power button and home button trick (That resets the RAM) & I reset the phone also. My free RAM was still at the mere 15% (around 150MB). This was and still is annoying me because not having free RAM has made my phone really slow. I also stopped other stuff in settings like Auto-Brightness and Background app refresh yet that didn't help either. I actually deleted some apps too to see if that would help. None of that helped either. If anyone could tell me a way to free RAM on my iPhone or knows a software that could free RAM (I have a Windows computer) Please tell me! Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

As you open or close apps or use them, iOS will free up RAM as needed. Simply forcing X% free or unused RAM is meaningless. It just means your device is not effectively using the resources it needs as and when it needs them.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 20, 2018 12:56 PM in response to AlexDude1633 In response to AlexDude1633

Don't bother. iOS will manage RAM allocation. It's not a Windows machine... If you're actually having a problem, tell us what's wrong and we'll try to help you troubleshoot it.

Mar 20, 2018 12:56 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 11, 2018 9:10 AM in response to AlexDude1633 In response to AlexDude1633

As you open or close apps or use them, iOS will free up RAM as needed. Simply forcing X% free or unused RAM is meaningless. It just means your device is not effectively using the resources it needs as and when it needs them.

Mar 11, 2018 9:10 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: AlexDude1633

Question: How to free as much RAM as possible?