Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import multiple playlists at once into iTunes

I have about 200 playlists (in .m3u format) that I exported from another program (foobar2000). I want to import all of these playlists into iTunes. I can import each of these playlists into iTunes individually. However, I would like to know if there is a way to import multiple playlists into iTunes at once. I already have all of the individual tracks imported into iTunes, but the playlists are not imported. I want to import the playlists.

It would probably take less than an hour total for me to individually import each playlist, but it would be rather tedious, plus, importing multiple playlists into a music program at once is a basic functionality which you can do in other, basic music management programs such as foobar2000 or MediaMonkey. So this is a standard, basic expectation to expect from a company as great as the economic context implies Apple is, and if this is still impossible to do in iTunes, Apple is significantly under the bar on this one. And for anyone who wonders why I'm not using foobar2000 or MediaMonkey instead, well, I am actually using all three programs for a very convoluted process to get all of my 20,000-song library onto a portable media player (Fiio X5 (2nd gen.)). This particular step in the process (re-pathing files) requires iTunes, which is why I'm using iTunes at this point.

Windows 10

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 6:32 PM

Long ago iTunes would ignore all playlist files that were in folders that were added to the library. That is no longer the case. File > Add Folder to Library should import any playlist files in .m3u, .m3u8, or .xml format in the folder you import and its subfolders.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

How to import multiple playlists at once into iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.