Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple maps doesn't loading on mac

after recent macOS system update,

apple maps doesn't show anything except grids on my MacBook pro. (macOS High Sierra)

sometimes maps app shows the message like 'problem occurs when connect to maps server'.

so all the apps using map such as photos doesn't show any map data.

it's the same thing in other user account on my mac.

how can I fix the problem?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 8:15 PM

I finally solved to clear system caches.

On your Mac

By default, the built-in application firewall for macOS automatically allows applications signed by Apple to receive incoming connections. If you've adjusted the settings for your application firewall, you might need to allow incoming connections. If the issue persists, reset the cache of accepted certificates:

• Click your desktop to make sure that you're in Finder.
  • From the menu at the top of your computer screen, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  • In the box, enter
    /var/db/crls/
  • Click Go.
  • Drag the files labeled
    crlcache.db
    and
    ocspcache.db
    to the Trash.
  • If prompted, enter your administrator password.
  • Restart your computer, then try to connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 8:15 PM in response to rose_10

I finally solved to clear system caches.

On your Mac

By default, the built-in application firewall for macOS automatically allows applications signed by Apple to receive incoming connections. If you've adjusted the settings for your application firewall, you might need to allow incoming connections. If the issue persists, reset the cache of accepted certificates:

• Click your desktop to make sure that you're in Finder.
  • From the menu at the top of your computer screen, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  • In the box, enter
    /var/db/crls/
  • Click Go.
  • Drag the files labeled
    crlcache.db
    and
    ocspcache.db
    to the Trash.
  • If prompted, enter your administrator password.
  • Restart your computer, then try to connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store.

Mar 13, 2018 6:33 AM in response to spaceillusion

Hi there, spaceillusion!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue using Maps on your Mac and I am happy to help out! Take a look at this article with steps to Get help with Maps. This article will give you the best troubleshooting steps to take for issues with Maps on the Mac.
Let me know the results and have a great day!

apple maps doesn't loading on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.