Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i press and hold home button and side button my phone will not reset/restart it only takes a photo of the screen?

i am trying to RESET by holding home button and side button but slide does not appear after 10,20,30 seconds. and when i release both buttons it just takes a screenshot of my home screen. ugh!! what is up with my phone. ? how do i fix it?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1.2, less than 6 months old

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 2:07 PM

Hi,

"i am trying to RESET by holding home button and side button but slide does not appear after 10,20,30 seconds. and when i release both buttons it just takes a screenshot of my home screen. ugh!!"

Holding down the Home button and power button does take a photo of the screen.

Exactly what kind of reset are you referring to?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2018 2:07 PM in response to np68

Hi,

"i am trying to RESET by holding home button and side button but slide does not appear after 10,20,30 seconds. and when i release both buttons it just takes a screenshot of my home screen. ugh!!"

Holding down the Home button and power button does take a photo of the screen.

Exactly what kind of reset are you referring to?

Mar 12, 2018 5:33 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

actually it is only if you press and release both buttons that a screenshot is supposed to be taken. according to apple if you press both and HOLD FOR 10 seconds it should (and did on all my previous iphones) bring up the slide screen to power off and what is called a “soft reset” should occur when u power off.

hence my detail of pressing and holding 10,20,30 seconds waiting for the slide to power off to appear....

when i press and hold home button and side button my phone will not reset/restart it only takes a photo of the screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.