Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 layer security to protect potential second hand victims

3+ display watch were stolen from Apple Store.

When these 2 thieves realized they don't function like a normal watch, they end up selling it off criagslist. I happen to be the buyer.

The display watch is functional enough that it can catch Apple watch newbie off guard when they purchase the watch. That being said, I did my due diligence and checked the imei prior to the transaction.

User uploaded file

When we met up, he instead gave me another watch and I checked the imei as well: FHLVM7D6J5X6

User uploaded file

He told me he has another 38mm watch also for sale.

As you can tell by the conversation, I have no way of telling this is a display watch. It also says verified purchase - which i immediately assumed it was PURCHASED and not a display watch.

This is the loophole that will punish second hand buyer and reward the thieves.

I lost a lot of money purchasing this watch because I decided to purchase it second hand.

Can Apple please do 2 things to protect us?

1. Make your security in the Apple store better.

- If you guys see a display watch gone from your desk, don't think "the thieves can't use it anyways". Instead, think "Oh crap, there'll be a victim because of us"

2. When we check for the serial number, show us that it's not "verified purchase".

- I checked at the genius bar and even he couldn't figure out why I concluded the watch were stolen - not until after taking the watch for 10 minutes. So how do you expect me to find out at the time of transaction.

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 1:23 AM

you can let them know

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

2 layer security to protect potential second hand victims

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.