Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does settings take up most of my storage?

I have an iPhone SE with sixteen gigabytes. Storage takes up 14.76 gigabytes of that storage. (Leaving me with only 1.24 gigabytes of storage for whatever else.) I have factory reset my phone once. Since it happened again I decided to deal with it upon hearing it was a bug that came with iOS 11.2.6. Now I can’t load a great amount of things though. If I go either to Mail or Snapchat it will tell me something along the lines of, “Due to storage being full this cannot be loaded. Free up space by going to settings or deleting apps.” All my photos are put onto Google Photos to free up space and I delete any messages I have weekly, if not bi-daily. I deleted several apps that come pre-installed on the phone and only have three downloaded apps: a banking app, a car maintenance app, and Snapchat. Once I delete any applications Settings quickly fills up even that free space. If this is only a bug it needs to fixed pronto. I don’t mean to be rude by any means, but being an Apple customer for maybe only four years has caused me to consider switching back to Android. (It would not be too rough of a transition, but I do enjoy the Apple Music I frequently use.)

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 7:50 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Why does settings take up most of my storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.