Question: Ricoh MP 2501 Printing Data error on mac OX fixed
I was using a Mac book air with Mac OX 10.9 High sierra trying to print to Ricoh MP 2501 network printer. Downloaded the currently available PPD driver from Ricoh website, and added the printer using IP address. MBP recognizes the printer, detected the correct kind of "Ricoh Aficio MP 2501 SP" as the printer.
When doing a test print, or printing document, it seems to go through, but copier generates "print data error". Bonjour was enabled, but it cannot be detected using the default add.
To fix the problem i did the following;
- Downloaded the lowest version of the Mac OX driver which is Mac OX 10.5 from here http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/re1/model/mp200/mp200.htm
- installed the driver to my mac
- Go to system preferences, printers and scanners
- Add a new printer, select IP
- on address, add the printer network IP
- Protocol : use Line Printer Daemon-LPD
- Change the printer driver on USE field to Generic PCL Printer
- then click add, if the printer driver is not installed the Mac will install the driver automatically
- Then you are done
MacBook Air, iOS 11.2.6