Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music won't delete

Hi

So basically I have a couple of unwanted songs which I don't want to appear in my main music on my iPhone and normally they didn't and if they did I would click remove download and delete from the library and they would disappear but just now they appeared with a download option and won't delete from the library whenever I delete from library.

Someone please help as I don't want that to come as a download option or as a song at all.

Thank you

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 10:29 PM

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

However the delete and remove download were the first things I tried but it didn’t work and the song still comes up for some reason with the cUser uploaded fileloud sign to download. I just want to remove the download like before and not make it visible. It didn’t happen before.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2018 10:29 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

However the delete and remove download were the first things I tried but it didn’t work and the song still comes up for some reason with the cUser uploaded fileloud sign to download. I just want to remove the download like before and not make it visible. It didn’t happen before.

Mar 15, 2018 9:45 AM in response to mid925

Hello mid925,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see that you're having an issue with not being able to remove songs from your iCloud Music Library on your iPhone 7. I would be happy to help point you in the right direction from here. Here's a resource that can help:

Delete songs and videos from your iCloud Music Library
Specifically, try these steps:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Open the Music app and tap Library. Find the song, album, playlist, TV show, or movie that you want to delete, then use 3D Touch or long press the item.

Depending on if you have the item downloaded to your device, you'll see one of these options:

• If you haven't downloaded the item to your device, tap "Delete from Library" to delete the item from iCloud Music Library.
  • If the item is downloaded to your device, tap Remove. Then tap Remove Downloads to remove the item only from your device, or tap "Delete from Library" to delete the item from iCloud Music Library.

If you want to see only content that you downloaded to your device, follow these steps:

Tap Library > Downloaded Music. A message that says "Showing only music on this [device]" appears at the top of the screen. Tap Library in the upper-left corner to go back to your full library.

If the songs are still appearing on your iPhone afterwards, let us know which iCloud Download icon you are seeing next to the songs. Here's how to view iCloud Music Library icons and status:

About iCloud Music Library icons and status

Take care!

Mar 16, 2018 8:57 AM in response to mid925

Hello mid925,

Thanks for providing additional information to help clarify the issue with your iPhone.

It sounds like the downloaded song is being removed from the iPhone but remains in your iCloud Music Library. The following resource provides some additional information about the issue you are encountering:

Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

In particular, take a look at this section:
In the Music app, you can delete songs, albums, playlists, and music videos that you downloaded to your device. If you see a download icon User uploaded file next to your purchased content, the item is stored in the cloud, not on your device. Learn how to hide items stored in the cloud.

What happens when you tap on "Delete from Library" instead of "Remove Download" on a song that you do not want to have on the iPhone?

Cheers!

Music won't delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.