Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TOEKN REQUEST FAILED error on Apple TV

I am now 2 weeks into this same problem while trying to use/stream CNBC (via my cable provider Cox). I get on for a few seconds and then i get a "TOEKN REQUEST FAILED" error ont he screen.

iMac, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 1:47 PM

6 replies

Mar 15, 2018 5:31 PM in response to timcz

Same problem as timcz. The live stream on Apple TV on CNBC app plays for five seconds then stops with the error message, "Token Request Failed." Has been occurring for 2 weeks.

To trouble shoot: I've restarted Apple TV. I've power cycled Apple TV. I've uninstalled / reinstalled CNBC app. I've signed out and signed back into iTunes and iCloud (in apple tv settings). I've signed out and signed into CNBC app with my cable subscription (comcast xfinity). I also tried a relative's cable subscription (Time Warner Spectrum). Unfortunately, no success with any of these strategies. I've contacted CNBC directly a few times, but I haven't gotten a response except that they are working on a new version of the app.

Does anyone out there have a solution to this problem? As a temporary solution I've been using CNBC on my iPhone, but that app is quite buggy as well. Help!

TOEKN REQUEST FAILED error on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.