Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon GL1 Camcorder works with iMovie 10

I thought I would post a piece of good news I discovered recently. According to iMovie 10's specs, my old Canon GL1 DV camcorder was not on the list for acceptable cameras to use for uploading footage with. I decided to purchase an Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter and give it a try anyway, since I recently bought a late 2015 iMac without Firewire ports. I already had the Firewire 800 cable so why not? Well, I'm hear to tell you it worked, which is great news because I really don't want to have to shell out more money I don't have on a new camcorder that still works perfectly.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Intel Core i5 4 Cores, 24GB Ram

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 5:08 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 16, 2018 12:59 PM in response to carlart

My canon GL2 will import the video but not audio using same hardware but I'm on high sierra 10.13.3....still no audio but the video quality is great....with the exception that when i import a few minutes of video and stop import.....it only imports 6 seconds of video...i have to import a certain amount of minutes 10? then it will import more than 6 seconds of video....i found that odd....

Canon GL1 Camcorder works with iMovie 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.