Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previously hidden purchased songs reappear in iTunes

I have previously hidden a number of tunes purchased in iTunes Store. Not downloaded. On one machine I have, they now appear in iTunes, as from the cloud. When I try to delete/hide them again, they pop out for a sec, then pop back in, w/ the check box checked for the songs. How to get em out? I tried downloading one of these files, then deleting/hiding again. Still shows in iTunes. This on a Mac Pro 1,1 running 10.9.5. This does not happen on another Mac Pro 3,1 I have, running 10.11.6. Is this an anomaly from old iTunes? Any way to fix? Cannot copy iTunes Library.itl from 3,1 machine to 1,1 machine, newer itl file is not compatible on older machine. Since the songs were never dlo'd (except the test I did, mentioned above which made no difference), I suspect the problem is either the old itl file, or the old version of iTunes app.

Mac Pro 1,1 has iTunes v.12.6.2.20.

Mac Pro 3,1 has iTunes v.12.7.3.46.

Both machines are properly registered under my Apple ID.

Ideas, anyone?

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), 3,1+32 GB+3 SSDs+1 HD+2 ATI Radeons

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 3:00 AM

You're not alone. Something seems to have gone wrong with the way hidden purchases are handled at the moment. There have been some repairs already as earlier confirmation prompts weren't being shown when things were hidden, and it wasn't possible to get to the hidden purchases management page in the account area. Those are fixed, but I'm still seeing what should be hidden content in iTunes, iOS and Apple TV, and if I attempt to hide anything it pops back after a second or two.

It isn't clear how widespread this problem is, but use Feedback - iTunes - Apple to let Apple know this is affecting you too.

tt2

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2018 3:00 AM in response to 9R

You're not alone. Something seems to have gone wrong with the way hidden purchases are handled at the moment. There have been some repairs already as earlier confirmation prompts weren't being shown when things were hidden, and it wasn't possible to get to the hidden purchases management page in the account area. Those are fixed, but I'm still seeing what should be hidden content in iTunes, iOS and Apple TV, and if I attempt to hide anything it pops back after a second or two.

It isn't clear how widespread this problem is, but use Feedback - iTunes - Apple to let Apple know this is affecting you too.

tt2

Mar 15, 2018 3:57 AM in response to turingtest2

Yeah this is also happening on My Movies and TV shows I have downloaded a while ago and I hid them because it shows 2 different versions of the same movie one extended which is the one I downloaded and hid the other one but keeps popping back up.

I have 453 Movies and 248 TV shows Totaling 1.78TB Movies, 1.53TB TV, 35.5 Days Movie, 50.2 Days TV

Mar 15, 2018 8:14 PM in response to AuroraJasmine

It looks like this has been a back end issue in the store. I haven't had to install a new version of iTunes to fix it. Hopefully they're busy patching whatever code caused this issue for those affected, and if it hasn't resolved for you now it will shortly. Try deleting one unwanted thing every few hours until it stays gone, then you should be able to delete and hide the rest.

tt2

Previously hidden purchased songs reappear in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.