Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple mail not synching with Gmail

When I delete or move emails in my Mac email, they consistently reappear as if the apps dont seem to be sychronizing. I have try to dissable the account and restart, delete the account and restart, delete cache and restart but nothing seems to work. After a few seconds all the deleted or moved items in my mac reappear.

If I delete emails on my iphone this is perfectly syncrhonise acroos devices but not in my mac (using gmail iphone app). Additionally, this does only apper to happen with one of my gmail account ( I have 2).

Appreciate any advice.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 15, 2018 9:23 AM in response to jdKfrommiami beach In response to jdKfrommiami beach

Try rebuilding the mailbox.

Rebuild mailbox

If that doesn't work, try re-indexing the mailboxes. This can take awhile if you have a lot of mail.

Reindex messages For El Capitan, try looking in V3. Sierra use V4. High Sierra use V5.

Reindex messages (2) See post by Linc Davis

Mar 15, 2018 9:23 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jdKfrommiami beach

Question: Apple mail not synching with Gmail