Question: Unable to add ANY printer/scanner
I can't add any printers to Macbook Pro. I'm running High Sierra OS 10.13.3. I removed a network printer (EPSON STYLUS PRO 4880) to fix some issues I was having with the print queue. I have not been able to re-add the printer. My co-worker who is running the exact same system, connected to the same network, is not having this problem.
From Printer/Scanner in Preferences I can see all the printers when I click "+".
If the printer is "recognized" it will list the proper driver but return an error after a few seconds after I click "ADD"
If the printer is not recognized, if I choose "select driver" from the drop down, the driver list is completely empty. If I select "Other" to try and manually add the driver, the driver is "greyed" out in the finder and I'm unable to select it.
Here is what I've done so far.
1) Reset the print system (removing the other 4 printers on the network)
1a) can't add any of the printers (Brother DCP-9040CN, Brother HL-2270DW, Sawgrass SG800 (OEM brand of Rioch or EPSON for textile industry), HP Officejet 7610, EPSON Stylus Pro 4880).
2) Removed all old drivers from /Library/Printers/
3) Downloaded and installed new drivers from manufacturer
4) Run "updatesoftware --list" in Terminal (no updates found)
5) I've tried connecting directly, wirelessly, and over our network. All connections produce the same results
6) I've updated the firmware on all the printers.
7) said lots of swear words.
MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null