Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stolen ipad

i have a question. my friends ipad was stolen, reset & seems to be removed from her account as well. she has reported it stolen. if someone was to use it/sign into it with their own apple info, would she be notified, or since everything’s been taken off basically all hope is lost?

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 2:28 PM

5 replies

Mar 15, 2018 2:32 PM in response to charlieluke97

If it was removed from her iCloud account, then someone must know her AppleID password, since that’s required to remove a device or sign it out of iCloud. She should change her password immediately.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

And if they were were able to do that, then can simply set it up apwith a new AppleID. Your friend would receive no notice because it is no different than if she’d signed it out of icloud ud herself. When your AppleID is compromised, all security of a missing device is lost.

Mar 15, 2018 3:08 PM in response to charlieluke97

Yes, there will be no notice or alert. Who did she report it to? Apple does not take reports of lost or stolen property. Apple doesn’t do anything at all about lost or stolen personal property.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Again, I’ll mention that they must have known her AppleID password in order to sign the device out of iCloud. So with her password, it’s no different than if she herself had done so. This is why it’s very important to use strong account passwords, keep them completely private, and use things like two factor authentication for added security.

stolen ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.