Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locating Final Cut Pro Sound Effects Folder

So, I've been trying to add some new sound effects to FCP, but so far I've been very unsuccessful. I've looked through a lot of YT videos and threads that explain how to get to that folder, but no one seems to address my problem.

Now, as you can see, such folder DOES exists within my FCP application, but I just cannot find it.

User uploaded file

I understand that the traditional path to find it involves opening up Finder>Go>Computer>Macintosh HD>Library>Audio>Apple Loops>Apple and then you're supposed to find the folder titled "Final Cut Pro Sound Effects." However, as you can see in the screen shot, it's missing.

User uploaded file

Is there any other way to find such folder? I've tried looking it up in Finder and haven't been able to do so either. I tired to create a whole new one, and it didn't show up in FCP either. Sigh.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 5:51 PM

Ok, guys. I finally figured out what was going on. Thank you for your help. I was lacking two things:

(1) I originally did not download the additional content found in FCP (Final Cut Pro->Download Additional Content).

I did it before seeing the message by Luis Sequeira1, but that didn't do the trick. However, after seeing his message it occurred to me that perhaps it was a matter of a

(2) Software Update. I checked, and in fact, I was on macOS High Sierra (10.13.1). After updating my software to 10.13.3 it did the trick. Now I am able to find such folder.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2018 5:51 PM in response to Taikun

Ok, guys. I finally figured out what was going on. Thank you for your help. I was lacking two things:

(1) I originally did not download the additional content found in FCP (Final Cut Pro->Download Additional Content).

I did it before seeing the message by Luis Sequeira1, but that didn't do the trick. However, after seeing his message it occurred to me that perhaps it was a matter of a

(2) Software Update. I checked, and in fact, I was on macOS High Sierra (10.13.1). After updating my software to 10.13.3 it did the trick. Now I am able to find such folder.

Locating Final Cut Pro Sound Effects Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.