Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PayPal suddenly does not work on my iPad. It demands verification then after I do, it says I have to fill all form fields (filled). Then it gives error, “PayPal account already exists for this person for the specified group app id.”

Why isn’t it charging PayPal as it has up until earlier today? Nothing has changed!

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6, My menu bar keeps disappearing, too

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 1:18 PM

Hi linda_mo,

I understand that you're being asked to verify your billing information, but when you try to re-enter your PayPal information, it tells you it's already being used. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

When going through payment verification, check to see if you're able to set the payment type as "None". If you can't, you may have another payment issue causing this. The following article will help:

If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support
If you can select "None", do so and update your account, then set it back to your PayPal account.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Similar questions

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2018 1:18 PM in response to linda_mo

Hi linda_mo,

I understand that you're being asked to verify your billing information, but when you try to re-enter your PayPal information, it tells you it's already being used. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

When going through payment verification, check to see if you're able to set the payment type as "None". If you can't, you may have another payment issue causing this. The following article will help:

If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support
If you can select "None", do so and update your account, then set it back to your PayPal account.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Mar 27, 2018 12:41 PM in response to linda_mo

Same exact for me on my Iphone - just started last night. Had purchased something earlier in the day - no problems using paypal. Now asking for verification and when I retype my paypal info i get that exact message that you do. The fix Apple supplied does not work. Can we please get one that does?

Thank you.

Mar 27, 2018 1:19 PM in response to METSV

Well one thing that is a red flag is I thought maybe I could reset it all by going into Paypal and removing iTunes from "My preapproved payments" so it would have to start over. I discovered that each time I tried to click "done" and got that error message mentioned above, it added a new entry called "iTunes and App Store" to paypal. However cancelling all of these entries still does not solve the issue.

Mar 29, 2018 2:48 PM in response to linda_mo

SAME HERE...NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS SINCE LAST UPDATE, including losing ALL of my auto text replacements/edits, replaced with a single ”OMW”= On my way! which I never entered. PLEASE FIX THESE ISSUES! Beyond frustrating, afraid to update after 2010 Macbook ruined by restart bug. Now I can’t purchase a single item from iTunes! I’ve HAD IT with Apple this past year!

Mar 29, 2018 9:33 PM in response to Dingoboy_20

So weird; I had actually attempted to change my billing address many times and it never saved it; even logging on through the website and changing it, it just reverted back to what it was. I assumed this was part of the same issue. But now it lets me change it. However, paypal still didn't work until I clicked "log in with a different id" and re-verified. Although the paypal screen stays open with the progress wheel continually spinning, it seems to allow me to download music now.

Apr 1, 2018 12:29 PM in response to linda_mo

Hey guys, FIXED!

Go to app store or iTunes, and purchase something as you normally would, only this time, when you’re prompted to verify your payment method and you’re directed to the payment options screen,

-CHOOSE NONE, THEN CLICK ”DONE”...this is apparently the part we were missing, don’t forget to click DONE AFTER NONE!

-Then, try to purchase again, you’ll be directed to the payment options screen again

-click on your Paypal account (NOT the check mark next to Paypal as a payment option!) which will be the current email you use for Paypal (this is listed separately after “None” in payment options)

-you’ll then be redirected to Paypal, when Paypal log-in appears, delete your auto-filled email address (or enter if not auto-filled) re-enter (or just enter) it + your PP password, and sign in.

At this point, you should be a-okay, your payment should go through as usual.

Whew! I was scared there for a minute...cut-off, for entire days, from spending all of my hard-earned money on iTunes items/products!

Good luck...it was def. frustrating

Apr 4, 2018 9:13 PM in response to linda_mo

These are the steps that worked for me.

1. When prompted to verify info, selected paypal

2. Signed in with paypal and continued with prompts until returned to apple payment screen where I got the error message.

3. Selected None and clicked done.

Received prompt to enter payment information

4. clicked On option in prompt to enter data (I don’t remember exactly what it said)

Paypal was still showing selected.

5. Clicked on select Different account (or something similar. I don’t remember the exact text)

i was not prompted to sign in to PayPal. Instead I was taken to the confirm which credit card you want paypal to use etc

6. confirm the PayPal info.

Apr 10, 2018 9:41 PM in response to rose_10

Ever since Jobs passed this company has been in a downward spiral. This Apple has worms. Not only does Apple not come up with any new ground breaking innovations (now you just copy Google, Amazon and Microsoft), but with each software update all you do is cause bugs and problems. I have been a die-hard, pure Apple user since my first Mac in 1990. But if this keeps up I may need to switch things over. This last update really screwed things up. Everything with purchasing was was working fine before. Now I can't use PayPal. When I reestablish myPayPal account with my Apple account it tells me "PayPal account already existfor this person ..." Yeah! becuase I'm that person. Why are my Apple devices suddenly responding like I'm setting up a new account with PayPal. All they need to do is linkto my existing paypal account, which they alrready were until the last iOS and MacOS updates. Maybe instead of throwing a few more useless pixels of resolution into the camera for the next not-at-all earth shaking harware update or trying to charge $300 for mediocre ear buds, Apple can instead fix all of the software bugs and stop throwing out bug riddled Beta versions as tested and finished product. By the way, your soution did NOT work. Apple needs to fix this PRONTO.

PayPal suddenly does not work on my iPad. It demands verification then after I do, it says I have to fill all form fields (filled). Then it gives error, “PayPal account already exists for this person for the specified group app id.”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.