Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Library can’t be enabled?

So I’ve been having trouble with iCloud Music Library for the past six months or so. I used to have an iPhone 6s, and after the new updates, I could no longer download music from Apple Music. Every time I tried to enable the iCloud Music Library, I’d get the same old error message that we all have learned to dread.

Fast forward to now. I’m using a brand-new iPhone X. I decided to go back to Apple Music from Spotify Premium, as I didn’t enjoy the song download limit. Now that I’ve tried to enable iCloud Music Library again... I’m faced with those error messages once more.

I’ve tried every possible workaround. Enabling cellular data, resets hard and soft, restoring my phone and restoring from updates... nothing seems to work. Even Apple Support has been unable to get this thing working for me. I’m out of ideas.

How can I get this thing to work again?

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 8:45 PM

Click here and enjoy reading.

2 replies

May 3, 2018 9:34 AM in response to GeorgeZuniga

I've had this problem since December 2017. No support troubleshooting fixed it nor any suggested solutions on the web. Five "senior" support technicians and 5 months later Apple Support ended up suggesting that I "reset" (e.g. delete) my iCloud Music Library. I've been collecting music for 3 years (since Apple Music was released) and their suggestion is to start over? It's sort of like "Oh, your the pages document you've been working on for three years isn't working? Just delete it and start a new one. Worked on my machine!".
Awful, awful support.

iCloud Music Library can’t be enabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.