Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

files were deleted on the new Files app on iOS11

I downloaded files on iPhone(iOS 11 system) today. However several hours later, when I open the new Files app, my files were deleted. The same thing happens to the iBooks app. Why it happened??? What a bad experience!!!

My iCloud space is poor, and my iPhone available space is also poor. Maybe it's a reason. If so, I must say that you have no right to do this. Furthermore, is it that the new Files app should not be my own management of files?

If I have already downloaded the files, I have the right to manage them, not you. Please tell me why.

Thank you.

Posted on Mar 22, 2018 7:58 AM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2018 7:26 PM in response to zinacef

YES. And yesterday,I deleted my local movies from other apps. It expanded my available space, and today I found my files on iBooks app were not deleted. So, I guess if my local available space is poor, the os will delete my files that I have already download from my iCloud.

I don't understand why is there such a design? If the os can delete my files that I have already download from my iCloud, what is the significance of its existence. I only read these files, and I don't modify the files, the os is not necessary to delete my files. I think it is a very bad design.

files were deleted on the new Files app on iOS11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.