Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing file after adjusting clip date

I imported videos from my camera to a new event in imovie 10.0.4. I selected the files to adjust the clip date and time. Then the missing file message appeared and the videos were missing in the original media folder in Finder. I searched in Finder for the missing file names with no luck. I already wiped the SD card that had the original videos with no backup. Please help me figure out how to get these videos back! They are irreplaceable.

thanks!

Posted on Mar 23, 2018 1:33 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 23, 2018 9:26 AM in response to greggnak

Hi, greg,

You can try looking in the iMovie backups folder. To get there follow this file path: Finder/Go/Home/Library/Containers/com.apple.iMovieApp/Data/Library/Caches/iMovie Backups.

In the Backups folder you will see a list of backups of your iMovie library at specific dates. Click on the date just before you adjusted the clip dates and iMovie will open. See if you can find your files in the library.

There are recovery apps to retrieve lost files from a disc or SD Card. Just in case, do not use the SD Card so you don't avoid overwrite any data that may be recoverable.

By the way, how did you access the Original Media folder to determine that you files were missing?

EDIT: I meant to say "so you don't avoid overwrite any data that might be recoverable." The word "avoid" should be deleted.

-- Rich

Missing file after adjusting clip date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.