Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo library

I switched off iCloud Photo Library from my iPhone so that I could delete my pics from the phone but leave them on my iPad. If I switch iCloud Photo Library back on again will it just sync with my iPad and put all the pics back on my phone?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 24, 2018 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2018 4:13 PM

Yes. It will always try to sync all devices so that they and iCloud all have the same set of photos.

If you were attempting to reduce the storage space used on the phone, you may want to consider the Optimize Storage option if you haven't already. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

4 replies

Mar 24, 2018 4:40 PM in response to kathfrombuckley

There are a number of options (enough to make it confusing). You can use Photo Stream ( How to use My Photo Stream - Apple Support ), you can import them to a computer and then use itunes to sync them to the iPad (see the iTunes section of Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support ) but the simplest method may be a 3rd party app: https://photosync-app.com/

iCloud Photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.