Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error: "Duplicate bursts are not supported"

I tried importing bust photos into my Photo library, however, an error message came up stating, "duplicate busts are not supported".

What does this mean and how do I work around this to import multiple bust photos at once?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 29, 2018 10:11 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Mar 29, 2018 12:01 PM in response to aylaaktan

Do you mean this error message?

User uploaded file

You cannot import a burst of photos twice.

If you have taken photos in quick succession and Photos imported them as a burst, you cannot import the same burst a second time. Is it really necessary to store the duplicates in your library twice?

If you do not want duplicates in your Photos Library anyway, you can ignore this warning. The other photos you wanted to import should have been imported correctly.

If you want to import the burst again, you will first have to open the burst, that is already in your library and select the keepers, to change the burst into separate photos.

Mar 29, 2018 1:50 PM in response to aylaaktan

aylaaktan wrote:

I am using a Mac laptop.

Do you know if there is any way to batch import burst photos to my PC,

You have stated that you are using a PC - as to a Mac Léonie has posted the answer - use it

or answer my questions

Exactly how are you doing this import? MyPhotoStream? USB Import? iCloudPhotoLibrary (my personal choice)? iTunes sync?

What is thee exact, complete error message?

LN

Apr 4, 2018 2:03 AM in response to LarryHN

I saw the same error massage when I imported my pictures to my Mac. I even tried to search for those pictures in my photo library (by file name) and there was not any match so I’m quite sure they have not been imported to my Mac yet. I also tried airdrop but still it didn’t work. Three particular bursts couldn’t be imported while others pictures and bursts did not have this problem. Any clues?

May 13, 2018 1:42 AM in response to aylaaktan

Hi All

After trying different options, figured out a simple way to solve this. And it worked.

1. Select the photos that have encountered the error message on your iPhone.

2. Send these photos via Airdrop to your Mac OS.

3. When prompted on your Mac, select import to Photos.

4. Open up Photos and you will see your photos waiting to be imported.

5. Click on the folder and select the photos. Import them.

That's it folks!! 🙂

Error: "Duplicate bursts are not supported"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.