Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No chapter marks in DVD made with FCP X

Hello!

I observe a very strange issue with Final Cut Pro X ...

Since a while I am re-arranging some of the surround albums I have on SACD, Blu-ray, DVD-Audio and DVD-Video as "fake" video DVDs to let my car audio system recognise and play them (since it only recognises proper DVD-Vs). This works like a charm, so far.

But now - all of a sudden - I have one project, which is rendered fine and also exports fine as a DVD image, but the chapter marks are entirely missing.

I have already tried deleting the whole project and recreating it, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Also, when just ommitting one specific surround audio track in that specific project, the DVD is exported just fine WITH chapter marks.

I can - however - not find any problems with that audio file.

It plays alright in Finder preview and FCP X and doesn't seem to be corrupted in any way.

Is there anything else, what I could check/change in connection with the missing chapter markers?

Does anybody know about some odd problems with FCP X and how to solve them in this context?

Please help!!

Many thanks in advance!

Final Cut Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Apr 3, 2018 4:13 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 3, 2018 12:46 PM in response to Jeeosch

It seems I've found a workaround ...

1) Export project as original file (.MOV),

2) Burn video DVD image with Toast (lowest video quality settings, audio = Dolby Digital, 384kbps).

Chapters are included, sound quality is fine and image file size is more or less similar as for the one generated by FCP X.

However, I'd still like to know, what's wrong and if this is probably a bug in FCP X.

Apr 4, 2018 1:07 AM in response to Jeeosch

OK ... forget about the workaround above ...

While FCP X was able to export the project with the chapter marks problem to a disk image of 4.39 GB Toast is never below 4.71 GB ... 😟 ... and I can't use DVD-9s in my car ... 😐

So, I'm back to the question asked above ... any help is truly appreciated!

No chapter marks in DVD made with FCP X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.