Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 11.3 cause unknown album issue

SInce I upgraded to IOS 11.3, all the songs on my iphone 8 are listed individually as " unknown album"

Before the upgrade, there would be an album listed as "unknown album" under each artist and all songs would be listed in this album. So, I would have an unknown album under an artist with say 20 songs. After upgrading, I now have 20 unknown albums and each one has 1 song. I deleted all songs off my iphone and did a resync but the same issues persists.

My wife and I share the same library in itunes and she is on IOS 11.2.6 and all looks correct. This is 100% related to upgrading to 11.3

Any help is appreciated

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 5, 2018 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 4:22 PM

Since I received no response, I decided to go into every artist one by one and create and album called " Best of " When I did this, all the song sorted into one album and corrected the issue. While it took a while, this unknown album issue has been a pain for a long time and I needed to do something once and for all

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2018 4:22 PM in response to rhorgan

Since I received no response, I decided to go into every artist one by one and create and album called " Best of " When I did this, all the song sorted into one album and corrected the issue. While it took a while, this unknown album issue has been a pain for a long time and I needed to do something once and for all

May 3, 2018 12:15 AM in response to rhorgan

Also having this issue! Anyone worked out a fix yet?

Most of the songs on my iTunes aren't part of an album (be it a single song by an artists or multiple "singles" by an artists where i don't own the alum) Someone told me to rename the album name the same as the track name - that would take AGES!! Also this never used to be a problem so something has changed somewhere along the track.

Its so annoying when going into an artist and having like you say 20 folders containing one song each rather than as it was previously one folder containing the 20 songs. When i look on the desktop iTunes folders it is just the one folder so not sure why ios isn't doing the same.

May 3, 2018 7:14 AM in response to Inthedeep

No fix for this yet so as I said earlier, I bit the bullet and created albums called" Best of xxx" for every artist. While this took several hours to do, in the end, everything is working great and laying out without any issues. When I add a new song by an artist I already have, I just add this song to the "Best of" album for that artist.

I the past with " Unknown Album", whenever I added new song from an artist I already had, I would have to:

1. add new song to Itunes

2. delete all songs by this artist from my Iphone

3. sync my Iphone to Itunes

If I did not do this, I would have 2 albums entitled "Unknown Album" for this artist.

In the end, doing what I mentioned above corrected these issues but was a pain to do as it took me several hours

rick

IOS 11.3 cause unknown album issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.