Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay issues Audi Q5

I’ve been having issues with connecting to Apple CarPlay in my Audi Q5 (2018). It worked perfectly until recently (last month or so) then I began having issues with the phone connecting them immediately disconnecting. The phone still charges using the data transfer cord but I do not get the option to connect to Apple CarPlay. When I try to locate my vehicle under the CarPlay settings on the phone it’s never found. I’ve tried a new cord and had a friend who also has an iPhone 7 try and the same thing happens. What was odd was I had a friend with an iPhone 6 connect her phone and it worked fine. She had the same software that I did. 11.3. Any advice would be helpful .

Posted on Apr 8, 2018 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 6:41 PM

Hey amirah27n,

If I understand correctly, you are having trouble connecting your iPhone to your car using Apple CarPlay. It seems like you have already tried using a different USB cable to connect with. If that hasn't worked, have you tried to connect using Bluetooth?

1. Update your iOS device.
  2. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.

Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support.

If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the Voice Control button on your steering wheel to set up CarPlay. Or make sure that your car is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car. See the owner's guide for your car for more information.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2018 6:41 PM in response to amirah27n

Hey amirah27n,

If I understand correctly, you are having trouble connecting your iPhone to your car using Apple CarPlay. It seems like you have already tried using a different USB cable to connect with. If that hasn't worked, have you tried to connect using Bluetooth?

1. Update your iOS device.
  2. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.

Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support.

If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the Voice Control button on your steering wheel to set up CarPlay. Or make sure that your car is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car. See the owner's guide for your car for more information.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

CarPlay issues Audi Q5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.