Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing web sites from safari 11.0.3 activity bar

How do I remove a website from within the Safari activity bar on my desktop iMac? I have tried everything - clearing history, under privacy, clearing all website data, etc. and yet I still have a website that I cannot remove no matter what I do. I have turned on cookies turned off cookies, rebooted everything, I have run disk first aid, etc., etc. I have even deleted all Safari data from the Applications Folder and emptied the cache. When the main apple Safari browser opens, on the top left side of the activity (pages open) bar, right under the red window close button is a web site icon. I wish I could say it doesn't bother me but it does and I want it gone. I don't want someone riding my web life. Like I said, I have tried everything I can try - except - reloading the entire OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 software. I'm willing to do that if it will go away but my fear is that my information is going to be retained by this blood sucking unwanted guest. Any ideas that you can provide me with would be extremely helpful. I actually have another identicle iMac desktop computer that is just sitting in storage. Should I just get that one hooked up and simply bring my important files over onto it from the one that cannot shake the hitchhiker? Or will all info still be attached to my various web related sites? I realize that I have posted this same issue previously and then dropped the ball with all of you that helped and I'm sorry for that. I've always appreciated the help I've received on these forums and hopefully someday, I can help someone else.

HELP!!!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), iMac desktop

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2018 7:54 AM

A Pinned Tab tends to have a small closer to a square tab size. You can use

Safari -> Window -> Unpin Tab

Or

Control-Click on the Tab to Unpin it as well

Is it possible you are talking about the Bookmark Favorites? You can Control-Click on a Favorite and delete it, or use Safari -> Bookmarks -> Edit Bookmarks

to move Bookmarks around, or delete them

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2018 7:54 AM in response to RetroDon

A Pinned Tab tends to have a small closer to a square tab size. You can use

Safari -> Window -> Unpin Tab

Or

Control-Click on the Tab to Unpin it as well

Is it possible you are talking about the Bookmark Favorites? You can Control-Click on a Favorite and delete it, or use Safari -> Bookmarks -> Edit Bookmarks

to move Bookmarks around, or delete them

Apr 10, 2018 7:53 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Thank you so much!!! You nailed it! The hardest part of asking a question about computer issues is attempting to use the proper terminology to describe a problem. I don't know exactly what everything is called in computer jargon however I try to paint a picture the best I can. I must have accomplished that. Thank you for your quick response and precise solution to my problem. It was bugging me that someone was latched on to my browsing activity, etc.

RD

Removing web sites from safari 11.0.3 activity bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.