Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation requires downloading important content. That content can't be downloaded at this time. Try again later.

Can't install High Sierra. It only says this:
"Installation requires downloading important content. That content can't be downloaded at this time. Try again later." I followed all the instructions.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 12, 2018 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2018 4:45 AM

I had just a quite long chat with one of the Apple Advisiours about this problem. After i tried everything he contacted one of Apple Senior Advisors who said that a couple of people reported this issue already the past few hours. He even said that Apple's Techninal team was looking into it and is working on a solution.

So it looks like you can't do anything about it. Because it's probably a problem on their (apple) side what will be fixed quite soon. When i asked of he could give me any approximation when the problem will be fixed he said that it normally will cost s a couple of day to fix problems like this.

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2018 4:45 AM in response to Sonoforion

I had just a quite long chat with one of the Apple Advisiours about this problem. After i tried everything he contacted one of Apple Senior Advisors who said that a couple of people reported this issue already the past few hours. He even said that Apple's Techninal team was looking into it and is working on a solution.

So it looks like you can't do anything about it. Because it's probably a problem on their (apple) side what will be fixed quite soon. When i asked of he could give me any approximation when the problem will be fixed he said that it normally will cost s a couple of day to fix problems like this.

Installation requires downloading important content. That content can't be downloaded at this time. Try again later.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.