Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13” screen broken

I cleaned my MacBook screen like I usually do with a microfibre cloth and an alcohol pad and when I turned it back on I had various horizontal lines running across my screen, I tried resetting the VRAM but it didn’t do anything so I thought I’d take it in to be checked out this weekend. But when I logged on later on I saw my screen has both horizontal lines and now vertical streaks- almost like duplicates of what is being display but shifter down a few pixels here’s a few pictures and I was just wondering if anyone could help before I take it to be looked at?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 7:13 AM

Nicwaller007 wrote:

I cleaned my MacBook screen like I usually do with a microfibre cloth and an alcohol pad and when I turned it back on I had various horizontal lines running across my screen,<snip>

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

You did not clean the screen as recommended by Apple. You'll have to wait for the service center's evaluation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2018 7:13 AM in response to Nicwaller007

Nicwaller007 wrote:

I cleaned my MacBook screen like I usually do with a microfibre cloth and an alcohol pad and when I turned it back on I had various horizontal lines running across my screen,<snip>

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

You did not clean the screen as recommended by Apple. You'll have to wait for the service center's evaluation.

MacBook Pro 13” screen broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.