Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Mailbox has phantom unread message

Recently a few of my smart mailboxes are showing unread messages when there aren’t any. I have done all the fixes I could think of and find references to including;

Rebuilding the mailboxes.

Selecting all messages in a mailbox and marking them unread and then selecting all and marking read. (which worked until I closed the Mall app and then re-opened it)

Deleting the smart mailbox and then recreating it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 10:30 AM

Hello Scarlet,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that the unread count for one of your Smart Mailboxes is incorrect. You have done some great troubleshooting so far. In addition to the steps you have already taken, restarting your Mac into safe mode and then restarting as normal may help isolate the cause of the issue.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2018 10:30 AM in response to Scarlet347

Hello Scarlet,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that the unread count for one of your Smart Mailboxes is incorrect. You have done some great troubleshooting so far. In addition to the steps you have already taken, restarting your Mac into safe mode and then restarting as normal may help isolate the cause of the issue.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Smart Mailbox has phantom unread message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.