Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use second Mac+iCloud Drive while main Mac is on repair

I need to leave my MacBook pro on Apple service center for a warranty/recall service for about 20 days.

Apple Service Center will reformat and erase everything. They say is their practice and it can't be otherwise. That's OK as I have TimeCapsule and all. I also have 2 TB iCloud account and my Desktop/Documents is fully synced.

THE PROBLEM IS: I can't afford to be without working with my Mac for 20 days!! I live on it!

So my plan is to use an older Mac I have. Slower but yet pretty much functional, running the same MacOS Sierra version, create an user with Same AppleID, check iCloud Drive sync and keep working as usual.

THE ISSUES IS: No matter what I do, despite iCloud Drive being enabled, it show zero files on my iCloud/Documents Folder. Shouldn't it have synched al by now?

What I am doing wrong?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 5:12 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 23, 2018 3:40 PM in response to júliomac

It showed up now !!!

I don't know exactly what worked but here is what I did:

1) I found-out I had another account in the same computer, my daughter's, using the same Apple ID of mine but with iCloud Drive off. I simply logged off from this apple ID and put her account on her own Apple ID.

2) I followed the suggestions here to toggle on/off iCloud Drive and restarted the computer. This time Documents/Desktop showed up with the words "Waiting" (I guess that's what it would be in English, mine was in Portuguese as "Aguardando") but nothing inside them.

3) It took then over 2 days for files to finally appear. Now all seems to be syncing fine.

Use second Mac+iCloud Drive while main Mac is on repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.