Question: iPod classic working and charging, but not showing up on Mac or Windows
I just bought an iPod classic on eBay to use it in my car (it has an old iPod plug).
I charged the iPod with a wall charger and all went fine. The iPod has some music in it and it works. If I plug it into the car, the radio plays the music on the iPod.
However, I cannot have a PC or a Mac recognising it, let alone using iTunes to change the music.
I have tried many solutions, such as:
- reboot (6 seconds menu and selection down)
- reset (12 seconds menu and selection down)
- diagnostic (6 second menu and selection down, then selection and << down)
- disk mode (6 seconds menu and selection down, then selection and play down): in this case it goes to disk mode and says "it's ok to disconnect"
- change USB cable (I have two cables - it is possible that both are broken, but it would seem unlikely to me - both works when I charge the iPod)
- change USB port
- try a PC (Windows 7) and Mac (Air and Macbook)
- try other solutions, such as this: https://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/Restore_iPod_without_iTunes (but the terminal says "DFU device not found")
If I go on info it says:
- 27,8 GB
- version 1.3
- format: Windows
When I plug/unplug it from a PC or Mac the screen lights up and it seems charging (although not showing the charging icon).
In short, it looks like a functioning iPod, that recharges and interacts with the radio in the car, but it won't show up in the computer.
Do you have any suggestion?