Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor FaceTime connectivity

Getting consistently poor connection, Sydney/London. Picture freezes, drops out. Sound choppy, seems to be more so at London end (I am in Sydney). I have checked and consistently getting download speeds around 75Mbps, uploads 1.0+ Mbps. Has been thus for months. Not sure what London end using but they swear it only happens when talking to us.

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3, about 3 yrs old

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 1:30 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2018 6:12 AM in response to rkfromepping

Hi there, rkfromepping!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with poor video connection on FaceTime and I am happy to help out! I recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Specifically:

If you have connection or sound quality issues with FaceTime

If your cellular connection or Wi-Fi network are running slow, or other users are streaming audio or video on the same Wi-Fi network, you might have these issues:

• Connection alerts or unable to connect
  • Choppy video calls
  • Black screen
  • Dropped calls

Make sure that both you and the person that you're calling are using a fast Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If you’re using Wi-Fi, FaceTime requires a broadband connection.

I also suggest testing the calls on a different Wi-Fi network as well as on cellular data to see if there is a difference.
Let me know the results and if you have noticed the issue with any other contacts or only with the one specific contact.

Poor FaceTime connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.