Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: drag and drop text stalling in Pages

After selecting text in Pages by clicking and dragging, I used to be able to click again to drag and drop the selected text somewhere else in the document - or even into a different document. Now I can only move text if I click on a very specific spot on the trackpad - bottom towards the left, but not too far left. Otherwise it deselects the text and selects new text wherever I'm clicking.

It's been this way since the High Sierra upgrade - which is possibly a fluke but maybe not. I've checked and there's no uninstalled update for Pages I missed. Drag & drop works fine in other applications, just not Pages where I use it most. Thanks for suggestions.

(FWIW - I have Pages 7.0, MacBook Pro and High Sierra OS)

MacBook Pro, 2GB, 160GB HD

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 23, 2018 10:48 PM in response to heather713 In response to heather713

Hi Heather,

From what you've described, I think you would be justified in submitting a bug report. It's a change in behaviour of the application. It doesn't seem to be a useful change, so it's not likely the intended behaviour.

In Pages, go to the Pages menu and choose Provide Pages feedback. Report the bug, including a description of what happens, what actions lead up to it, and instructions as to how to replicate the behaviour.

Thanks for suggestions.

(FWIW - I have Pages 7.0, MacBook Pro and High Sierra OS)

Thank you for including that information. What it's worth, in many cases, is the elimination of a lot of time wasting guesswork.

Regards,

Barry

Apr 23, 2018 10:48 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 24, 2018 8:03 AM in response to heather713 In response to heather713

I do not have a trackpad, I use a mouse and am running macOS Sierra and find drag and drop generally to be very bad. It takes multiple attempts to get the drag to happen without the Mac simply unselecting the selection.

I put it down to a progressive deterioration of Apple's software and UI generally and simply put up with it.

Peter

Apr 24, 2018 8:03 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: heather713

Question: drag and drop text stalling in Pages