Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone photos are not synching to my mac

Hello

My iPhone 6SPlus has stopped synching photos to my mac. The photo library on my mac last updated 3 days ago. I did download some photos from a camera to my iPhone, using an app called Play Memories Mobile. I suspect that the app has something to do with the problem. Can anyone advise me to fix this?

Thank you

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Apr 28, 2018 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2018 4:38 PM

The photo library on my mac last updated 3 days ago.

What'd does the status line in Photos on your Mac show? Please check, if there are photos on your Mac that cannot upload to iCloud Photo Library, see: Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

If there are items in the smart album "Unable to upload", you have to remove them from your Mac Photos Library. The Mac will not download anything from iCloud Photo Library, before it uploaded all pending items.

The High Sierra upgrade introduced a new problem with the syncing of iCloud Photo Library. You need a Wi-Fi connection for the Mac. A connection to a cellular Hot-Spot does not suffice to sync the Photos Library. And in some cases the Mac did not longer sync with iCloud Photo Library, even o ver a fast ethernet connection, if a VPN has been enabled. Some older VPN software needs updating to work with High Sierra.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2018 4:38 PM in response to Anna.Liza

The photo library on my mac last updated 3 days ago.

What'd does the status line in Photos on your Mac show? Please check, if there are photos on your Mac that cannot upload to iCloud Photo Library, see: Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

If there are items in the smart album "Unable to upload", you have to remove them from your Mac Photos Library. The Mac will not download anything from iCloud Photo Library, before it uploaded all pending items.

The High Sierra upgrade introduced a new problem with the syncing of iCloud Photo Library. You need a Wi-Fi connection for the Mac. A connection to a cellular Hot-Spot does not suffice to sync the Photos Library. And in some cases the Mac did not longer sync with iCloud Photo Library, even o ver a fast ethernet connection, if a VPN has been enabled. Some older VPN software needs updating to work with High Sierra.

My iPhone photos are not synching to my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.