Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs from same artist appear as separate "Unknown Albums" on iPhone

I have music that I uploaded to iTunes by myself. For 80% of my music I leave album and album artist blank so when I am using my phone I can see all the songs by the artist. For years it has never been an issue until the last month or so, now when I click on Bruce Springsteen in my iPhone Music, for example. All that appears is every single one of his songs with its own album titled "Unknown Album" then the artist name below. I can't even see which song it is until I click it.

For artists that I have downloaded the full album, all that works well. I have backed up all my music and redownload the new itunes (12.7.4) again, while also deleting the .itl file or whatever, and then re-added the music and still nothing.

I want to be able to see every song by the artist when I have no albums for any song.

PLEASE HELP @stevejobs!!!!

iPhone 7, iOS 11.3.1, null

Posted on Apr 29, 2018 4:53 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Songs from same artist appear as separate "Unknown Albums" on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.