Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to activate my iPad

Dear Apple support team,

I bought your product from 2014,and have iphone4s, IPad and iphone 6splus because they are nice to use.

But currently I am very sad for this. The IPad was bought in HongKong Fortress on 4th Jul 2015. In order to avoid bring trouble to my 7-year old daughter on her study, I don't tell him the screen lock password. The bad thing is that she told me she don't like the iPad. When I check what happened, power on the iPad, it goes straight to Hallo screen, and ask for the iPad id.

The worst thing is that I only use this count few times, and forget the Apple id and also the password. After I struglled many times try to input the Apple ID and password, the Apple ID is locked, and need to activate.

I have connected to the tech support in China mainland. And they ask me to provide its info about this deal. Fortunately, I get help from Fortress, they provide the receipt with all deal info about date time, price and model/ serial number , and I forward it to China Local support, but then I get a email says the request is reject and I have to provide that the related info, about serial number DM****K15 again. I check with China local support, and they said don't know why, and ask me to provide again. Seems I go to a dead loop.

Any one can help me will be much appreciated.

BR,

Ethon

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on May 3, 2018 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2018 6:07 AM

Try making this into 2 problems. The first one is to get your Apple ID functioning again. If you can do that, then it should/might take care of the iPad activation lock.

Are you sure you know your Apple ID and password? You can check by using the links below.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find

Enter your Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

If necessary, check your security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

Then contact support to see if you can get your ID unlocked.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2018 6:07 AM in response to ethonshi

Try making this into 2 problems. The first one is to get your Apple ID functioning again. If you can do that, then it should/might take care of the iPad activation lock.

Are you sure you know your Apple ID and password? You can check by using the links below.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find

Enter your Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

If necessary, check your security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

Then contact support to see if you can get your ID unlocked.

May 3, 2018 4:22 AM in response to ethonshi

Are the serial numbers matching. I mean the one you provided the china local support with ? And the ipad’s If the account is just locked then thats simple. You just have to go to iforgot.apple.com. And verify your identity either by answering you security Q.’s ir by sending an email to your recovery email.

If this doesnt helps then i guess you should contact Apple Support but before doing that check this article it might help

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204106

How to activate my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.