Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing AVCHD video clips into iMovie

My Canon videorecorder creates AVCHD video clips. When I play them in QuickTime Player, they play cleanly. When I import them into iMovie, they have periodic "glitches" in the video, mainly along the upper edge. How can I import them cleanly? I'm using iMovie 10.1.9 and MacOS 10.13.4 on an iMac.

Bob Anderson

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mail

Posted on May 8, 2018 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2018 3:32 PM

Hi,

After opening the clip in QuickTime Player, try saving to your desktop as a .mov file and then importing into iMovie.

If that doesn't work, try using the free download, Handbrake, to convert the clips to Mp4/ACC, and then import the converted clips into iMovie. Handbrake will make that conversion by default. That probably will do it.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2018 3:32 PM in response to rha90272

Hi,

After opening the clip in QuickTime Player, try saving to your desktop as a .mov file and then importing into iMovie.

If that doesn't work, try using the free download, Handbrake, to convert the clips to Mp4/ACC, and then import the converted clips into iMovie. Handbrake will make that conversion by default. That probably will do it.

-- Rich

Importing AVCHD video clips into iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.