Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP crashes when on battery

I just started having an issue where my MBP will crash when I'm on battery power.

It doesn't crash instantly when I unplug the power. It works for 5-20 minutes and then seems to crash randomly. It doesn't seem to mater what i'm doing. I can be doing work in photoshop or just browsing websites and it'll crash.

The crash is a total system "freeze." The cursor stops responding to the track pad, the display freezes, the keyboard keys seem to do nothing. I can't force quit or anything. The only way to fix it is to hold down the power button till the MBP shuts off and then turn it back on. It boots back up fine and will run for 5-20 minutes and then crash again.

I'm usually plugged in when using my MBP but i'm pretty sure this just started a few days ago. I can't think of anything that's changed in the last few days that would cause this.

My research seems to suggest that this might be a battery issue so here is the info from the system profiler...

Model Information:

Serial Number: C013356002BF9CR9Z

Manufacturer: DP

Device Name: bq20z451

Pack Lot Code: 0

PCB Lot Code: 0

Firmware Version: 702

Hardware Revision: 1

Cell Revision: 1206

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 7253

Fully Charged: Yes

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 7396

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 622

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 12678

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Mac OS: 10,11.6

thanks

eric

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), 15-inch, Late 2013

Posted on May 10, 2018 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2018 2:42 PM

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple.

Similar questions

1 reply

MBP crashes when on battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.