Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail - Disable Unified Mailbox

I am not a fan of the Apple Mail unified mailbox; to be clear, I hate it.

Is there a way - and I know there used to be in the older days - to display inboxes/folders by account rather than the combined inbox. Yes I know to hit the triangle to see each inbox. I don't want that. I want ALL inboxes/folders arranged by account; not intermixed based on folder name.

Have they totally removed this option? If not, I can't find the switch to turn off the unified inbox.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra

Posted on May 12, 2018 3:06 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

May 13, 2018 7:45 AM in response to dominic23

Yes, I realize you can't remove the inbox. That's not what I'm trying to accomplish.

I want to display my email by account - like Outlook 2016 for Mac. I do not like a unified Inbox or a unified Sent folder, etc.

I'm converting from Windows and want to go "all in" on Mac. But, personally, I won't be able to use Apple Mail if I can not display by email by account.

Thanks!

Jun 19, 2018 12:23 PM in response to nrw0

Exactly the same problem - wanted to go all in with Apple but as I manage 10 email accounts, Outlook is the only practical solution. I picked this up direct with Apple and it's a no go. They seem to think we are asking for the moon when all we want to do is change the view! Frustratingly, the mail app on iPhone and iPad is perfect - yes, all the inboxes are together but then everything else is arrange by account...

According to the forums this debate has been running for years so my only advice is to stick with Outlook... Sorry.

Apple Mail - Disable Unified Mailbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.