Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import photos from locked/broken iPhone?

So I have an iPhone 8 and recently the screen stopped working. The phone will still charge and make sounds (all my alarms still go off) but the screen is completely black and doesn't respond to touch. I know I had, in settings, set photos and videos to be backed up onto my iCloud but I guess they didn't because I can't access them now. When I try to import them onto my MacBook it says I need to enter the password on my iPhone, which is impossible since the screen won't respond to touch and the touch I.D. won't unlock it. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.3, not sure if it is 11.3 or 11.3.1

Posted on May 25, 2018 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 1:46 PM

If you had iCloud Photo Library turned on, you can use any computer browser and log into www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there. You can also turn iCloud Photo Library on in the Photos app in your Mac (note that the Mac photos will sync to iCloud and the photos currently in iCloud will sync to it). If you replace the phone and turn on iCloud Photo Library in the new phone they will sync to it. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

If you didn't have iCloud Photo Library turned on but do have an iCloud backup, you can use the backup to restore to an iOS device or to set up a new iOS device. iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 1:46 PM in response to InflatableMan

If you had iCloud Photo Library turned on, you can use any computer browser and log into www.icloud.com and go to the Photos app there. You can also turn iCloud Photo Library on in the Photos app in your Mac (note that the Mac photos will sync to iCloud and the photos currently in iCloud will sync to it). If you replace the phone and turn on iCloud Photo Library in the new phone they will sync to it. See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

If you didn't have iCloud Photo Library turned on but do have an iCloud backup, you can use the backup to restore to an iOS device or to set up a new iOS device. iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

How to import photos from locked/broken iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.