Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there a Recovered Messages folder in Mail?

A lot of strange stuff has been going on with my older MacBook Pro (High Sierra). One of the many things is that (a couple of months ago), I brought up Mail to check my messages and all of a sudden I notice a 'Recovered Messages' folder and it shows 'Downloading 212 Sent Messages'. I just sit there staring at it trying to figure out why it's doing it and then when it's done downloading, I click on the folder, but there's nothing there, not one message. The folder is still there and now today, I bring up Mail and now there's a second 'Recovered Messages' folder there. This time there wasn't any downloading appearing, but then again, when clicking on the folder, nothing is there. I only have one account with Mail, being my @icloud address only. Is there a way to find out what triggered the creation of the folders and why, since I didn't? Is there anyway to trace iCloud activity history as I suspect that maybe someone is using it somehow? Any ideas are appreciated!

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on May 25, 2018 5:26 PM

There are no replies.

Why is there a Recovered Messages folder in Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.