Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Find Home Videos

I can't find my Home Videos in iTunes 12. I've Googled the problem and the solution involves going to the Movies tab – I don't have that; I have a Films tab, which might be because my location is Australia – and then, in the sidebar, hovering over 'Menu' until 'Edit' appears, clicking it and then enabling 'Home Videos', which for some reason that eludes me, is disabled by default.

I understand this completely, but when I go to the Films tab, the sidebar disappears and, in the View menu, 'Show Sidebar' is greyed out. The sidebar is visible for all the other tabs: Music, TV Programmes etc.

How do I get the sidebar back for the Films tab so that I can enable Home Videos?

Thanks in advance,

Steve = : ^ )

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), Windows XP & 8.1 in Parallels 12

Posted on May 25, 2018 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 5:30 PM

I was able to solve this. For anyone else with the same problem, here's how I fixed it:

To make the sidebar available in the Films tab, I had to select the Films tab and then create a playlist. Until there was a playlist, the sidebar was unavailable. Once I had the sidebar, I didn't need to do the Menu edit step described above; 'Home Videos' was already enabled, I'd just been unable to select them due to the lack of the sidebar.

Once the sidebar was visible, I was able to delete my dummy playlist and the sidebar remains (and I'm able to enable/disable it at will).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 5:30 PM in response to Erroll

I was able to solve this. For anyone else with the same problem, here's how I fixed it:

To make the sidebar available in the Films tab, I had to select the Films tab and then create a playlist. Until there was a playlist, the sidebar was unavailable. Once I had the sidebar, I didn't need to do the Menu edit step described above; 'Home Videos' was already enabled, I'd just been unable to select them due to the lack of the sidebar.

Once the sidebar was visible, I was able to delete my dummy playlist and the sidebar remains (and I'm able to enable/disable it at will).

Can't Find Home Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.