Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius results can’t be updated right now. Error 4001

I subscribe to iTunes Match and Apple Music. On my laptop running Windowns 10, I can no longer see any of my iCloud music. I can see my itunes match music, but I suspect because the files are local. I don‘t think iCloud is updating on my laptop. In Preferences, the option for iCloud Music Library is unchecked. When I check it, iTunes tries to update my library from icloud. After ”gathering information about my library” for several minutes, the program tries to update my library, then fails with the error, “Genius results can’t be updated right now. Unknown error 4001”. The iCloud Music Library option in Preferences becomes unchecked again. I have tried deleting my Genius library folder and rebuilding, but that didn’t work. My desktop computer is unaffected, and all my mobile devices are fine, so I suspect something locally is corrupted. Any advice is welcome to help fix this.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on May 26, 2018 7:10 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Genius results can’t be updated right now. Error 4001

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.