Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off music bluetooth autoplay in car.

When I get in my 2016 Subaru Outback my music from my iphone x starts playing automatically via bluetooth audio.

The only way to prevent it is to turn off bluetooth audio but if I do that I wont be able to hear google maps. If bluetooth audio is turned off and I turn it on the music will start playing and I have to manually stop it on my phone. If I have bluetooth audio on and I manually stop the music on my phone thru the music app I can hear google maps give voice directions but all I have to do is adjust the volume and the music starts auto playing again. Its very annoying. Friends at work have the same problem. Subaru's don't have Carplay. This did not happen with my Galaxy 7. I cannot find a setting to stop this. The only way I have been able to stop this from happening is to delete my music from my phone. $1150 +tax for a phone and I can't choose to not have my music play automatically or not? Does Apple have a fix for this coming with IOS 12?

iPhone X, iOS 11.3.1, 2016 Subaru Outback bluetooth audio

Posted on May 26, 2018 9:45 PM

There are no replies.

Turn off music bluetooth autoplay in car.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.