Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BUG REPORT - iMovie 10.1.9 bug removes VoiceOvers

Mac OS 10.13.4

iMovie 10.1.9

After recording a number of voiceovers on a video - when I look back on the timeline at the clips in the sequence I find the voiceover audio I synced to the earlier video clips has vanished. Looking in the Project Media I can see the audio I recorded still exists - so after locating the appropriate file it can be re-added to the timeline, however this is definitely a new bug in this build and it's a significant problem.

It might only occur when multiple takes are made - e.g. on my recent 30 Minute video VO 515 was reached. It seems the deletion and addition of voiceovers to the timeline exacerbates the issue.

iMovie 10, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), All latest updates as at 28/May/18

Posted on May 27, 2018 4:25 PM

6 replies

Jun 11, 2018 12:20 PM in response to Mat in the UK

There were similar issues in FCPX except they related to video clips being deleted. It seemed that sometimes when selecting a clip it was selecting other clips in the timeline usually out of view and deleting them as well as the intended clip. This was presumably solved in OS 10.13.5 update. So you might update to latest High Sierra and see if it solves your problem.

Jun 10, 2018 4:40 AM in response to Jim Wanamaker

Thanks Jim - that sounds exactly like the same problem. Unfortunately with all the latest updates (inc 10.13.5) it still persists.

Thank you for your considered response though - better than 'reinstall everything' or 'switch it off and on again'.

At this stage though I'm the lone scientist that has spotted an asteroid on a collision course with earth and no one believes him. I just suppose I'll have to wait for a bit of it to hit someone important before anyone takes any notice.

BUG REPORT - iMovie 10.1.9 bug removes VoiceOvers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.