Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix blank messages app

My messages app has been blank for a few days now, and at first it was on the beta version of ios, but now ive gone to the public 11.4 and it still persists. User uploaded file

I've force closed messages, cleared the cache, restarted my phone (iPhone 7), soft reset, reset all settings, turned iMessage off and on again, and updated my software. The only other thing i can think to do is back up, factory reset, and restore; but i would like to avoid that as I've had two incidents with that in the past.

I still get notifications (although not all the time for some reason), the messaged app shows a 2 plus however many notifications i havent seen on other devices, i can still see and send on my watch and connected ipad, i can send using siri, 3d touch on messages only shows create new message, creating a new message (from 3d touch or messages) and putting someone's name in displays an unknown at the top,

User uploaded file

3d touching a notification is blank, and going to a notification brings me to the blank messages page.

Posted on May 31, 2018 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2018 11:36 AM

FIXED: I got it to fix by turning off iCloud messages, turning off iMessage, restarting, and turning iMessage back on. But when i turned iCloud messages back on and it backed up, it broke again and went back to blank. So now i just have iCloud messages off i guess.

Similar questions

7 replies

How to fix blank messages app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.