Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot enable Messages on iCloud 10.13.5

I've just upgraded to 10.13.5 on my iMac and the option to enable iCloud Messages isn't available (see screenshot). The checkbox to enable iCloud Messages is missing (it was there on my MacBook Pro). Anyone have any ideas?

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jun 2, 2018 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 6:26 AM

Make sure all your iOS devices have iCloud messages turned on first, and one thing I saw elsewhere that someone mentioned was that he needed to enable his iCloud Keychain then the option for Messages on iCloud showed up on macOS.

17 replies

Jun 3, 2018 3:46 AM in response to dmacpher

Try downloading the Combo Update and install it.

Download macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 Combo Update

Perhaps it was a glitch in the update.

FWIW, similar iMac to yours and it works fine for me. Also, I do not

have iCloud Keychain enabled and never have. So, it is not directly

responsible. However, maybe turning it on and off forces some "refresh"

of some preference somewhere.

Jun 5, 2018 9:09 PM in response to dmacpher

Hi dmacpher, that's good to know. I wonder if the keychain data will be left on the servers.

I'm still waiting for my phone to get all the messages that are on the Mac. It doesn't show any indication of whether or not that's in progress or will eventually happen. The phone's messages were already uploaded a couple of days ago.

I think their message syncing is still going to be troublesome for older messages. Not really a big deal to me, but would like to see that it works.

Cannot enable Messages on iCloud 10.13.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.