Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.RW2 files from LUMIX ZS200 do not display in Finder on Sierra 10.12.6. How can I see individual image previews?

.RW2 files from LUMIX ZS200 do not display in Finder on Sierra 10.12.6. How can I see individual image previews?

iPad, iOS 6

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2018 11:50 AM

Is the Lumix ZS200 is a new model from Panasonic, if so it will not be supported in Sierra, the RAW camera support in Sierra has not been updated since July 2017. Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 10 and macOS Sierra - Apple Support You would probably have to upgrade to High Sierra but as the last update to Camera RAW support was 6th April 2018 the ZS200 is not listed, Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra - Apple Support . You can process your ZS200 raw files in Panasonics own software or download Adobes DNG converter which is free, once converted you will be able to see the files in Finder and Photos.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 10.3

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2018 11:50 AM in response to VWMoe

Is the Lumix ZS200 is a new model from Panasonic, if so it will not be supported in Sierra, the RAW camera support in Sierra has not been updated since July 2017. Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 10 and macOS Sierra - Apple Support You would probably have to upgrade to High Sierra but as the last update to Camera RAW support was 6th April 2018 the ZS200 is not listed, Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra - Apple Support . You can process your ZS200 raw files in Panasonics own software or download Adobes DNG converter which is free, once converted you will be able to see the files in Finder and Photos.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 10.3

Jun 5, 2018 11:54 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Thanks. I run High Sierra on my iMac, so that’s not a solution. I have other alternatives outside of the macOS but was looking for guidance within the OS so I didn’t have to import or convert photos one at a time and then delete them. The ZS200 is new but uses the same RAW format as the ZS100, which is several years old and should be included. Oh well...thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.